Thursday, January 24, 2019

January 24, Thursday

Literacy Prompt

NHD- Day 2

45 minutes work time

*Can I support my thesis direction with a beginning, middle, and end?
*How will I organize an issue/idea (broken down into components) and present  
  it via a  thesis statement?
*How will my graphic organizer support my research foundation?

Thesis Statement 
Direction with a how/why that incorporates the NHD theme
NHD allows a two sentence thesis (not allowed in 8th Grade Humanities)
Start to think about Ethos, Pathos & Logos, too.

Social Studies

The students continued to read an article, complete a map, and analyze two LA Purchase Federalists letters to help with their understanding of the LA Purchase, America's first official movement west.

In what ways can change/progress/growth be positive and negative?

Homework
January 31: LA Purchase Story Map
January 25- Manifest Destiny- C. Beck's composition

No comments:

Post a Comment